Please note: The 20% discount offer has now ended
Anyone who knows me and has watched my online journey knows that I have built my business using totally free marketing methods. Let me tell you this is not the fastest way to build your business, lol….. However free strategies can be very long term and depending which free strategy you choose to specialise in, can bring you traffic like you never thought possible. When I first started marketing online I gave every free marketing strategy a go. They all worked pretty well, however I had to make a decision as to what I would do on a permanent basis to build my business, and I couldn’t possibly implement all of them. I decided to concentrate on what I liked doing the best, which was writing. This now brings me some beautiful traffic from all over the globe and into my primary business.
As you can see from this image, most of my traffic comes from Google and is totally free and organic. When I use the term FREE I want you to know that it doesn’t mean in terms of cost. You either pay with money or time. You can see below that most clicks are coming direct from Google as you can see in the screen shot from my live Feedjit feed.
Before I knew this
Now, before I knew what I’m about to share with you, I used to write articles like a maniac, post them to my blog and then post them to about 6 article marketing directories. I would then sit back and wait, still writing more articles and madly checking Google each day to see if I had miraculously appreared. I soon realised I was missing something major! What an understatement!
As I mastered each method of Article Marketing I would write a post on my blog and share it with whoever was interested. My very first Article Marketing training was with Shelby Larson of the Content Divas. I couldn’t wait for the training to finish so I could put it to the test. So I followed exactly what I was taught, wrote the article put the names of the tutor in the heading and in the tags (keywords) and within a couple of hours I was on the first page of google ranking for someone elses name. I was amazed at how easy it was once I knew exactly how to do it. I’m still there today third from the top of the page and not 8 entries down where I was the day I hit page 1. As you can see below with my WhoIsSandyMoore.com ranking.
Now I have to mention that my article was nothing that would make the New York Times as a best seller. You can read it here and don’t forget to go down to the comments section where you will find a comment from Shelby Larson herself, who had just conducted the training I was on.
Things Have Changed
Basically I still follow the same methods I did when I started, although a few things have changed. I wanted to update you on my article marketing methods and let you know what’s working for me now.
Article Marketing Twenty Eleven
1. Write your article or if time doesn’t permit, outsource it. I don’t mean write just any article, there are articles all over the internet that people write everyday…. I mean write a great article one that stand out from all the others on the internet in your niche. Make sure your content is full of valuable information that can be shared as used and that others can learn from. One of the best ways to do this is to be yourself, it really is that simple. Just write as you were speaking to your next door neighbour and people will relate to you. If you are outsourcing your article writing, choose someone reputable (this means check out their work before you engage them to write for you).
I think I’m letting more secrets out here than what I had planned. At least now you have no excuse for poor content. One aspect of outsourcing I would like to mention, is although it does save you valuable time you should spend at least a little time putting your own twist on it. Not so much for the article directories, more for your blog. I like to think of my blog as my online office where you and my new team members can get to know me. You will want the same for your blog as well. So when outsourcing try to put your own touch or personal spin to your content.
2. The next step is to submit your article to ezinearticles.com. They have a certain protocol you should follow and this means that they don’t want to find your content anywhere else on the internet. They are a bit fussy and I say just persevere when posting as it will definitely pay off in the rankings department.
3. Once I have posted at Ezine Articles I then post the article on my business blog. Make sure you have the All In One SEO Pack wordpress plugin installed on your blog also. This plugin will appear under your post, where you just add your post heading, the first couple of lines of your post and most importantly all your tags. This is what it looks like in wordpress. I also have another time saving plugin to use once you have plenty of content on your blog. You can read more about my secret plugin here.
1. When posting your aticle on your blog you should also do a quick introductory video about your post. It doesn’t have to be long or elaborate and really just has to be a quick intro into what you will be discussing within your post. If you are shy you don’t even have to appear in the video. Just put together a quick powerpoint presentation then use some video editing software to make a quick movie. Just like I have at the beginning of this post. I use AVS video software, even after trying others like Animoto and Camtasia I find AVS has everthing you will need in their huge library of software. Once you do a couple of videos on it you will be an expert and able to pump out videos with the press of a button.
2. When your post is live on your blog you will then tweet it and then send it out over the internet using Onlywire.com which is also a free plugin for your wordpress blog. OnlyWire was created for Publishers & Bloggers who need to submit high volumes of content to their social networks all with the click of a button. Make sure this free plugin is installed on your blog to maximise all your article marketing efforts. As you can see there are many sites for sharing with Onlywire.com
Ok, now the next step is to submitt your article to the Automatic Article Submitter . You can also find a video and some instructions on how to use it here, plus there are at least 4 tutorials within the software it’self. Of course you could submitt your article by hand to article directories all over the internet however, if like me, you are short on time you will want to set up AAS to submitt to article directories on demand. I think it has over two hundred directories in this software… can you really imagine the time it would take to submit to all these directories by hand?
Now, with any form of free marketing it is always wise to add a paid method of marketing as well like pay per click or banner advertising for maximum results. However, when I first started marketing on line I was able to generate at least 10 to 15 leads per day with this article marketing method alone.
I know you will have lots of questions once you start implementing my Article Marketing Twenty Eleven Strategies, so feel free to contact me on skype @ sandymoore1 and I’ll be happy to answer any questions about article marketing or marketing in general.
Or you can post your questions in the comments below, I would love to hear from you.
Don’t forget to click the Facebook “like” button on your way out. All likes are greatly appreciated. 🙂
If you’ed like to be the first to receive future blog posts here at WhoIsSandyMoore.com pop your name and bests email in the optin box at the top of the page here and I’ll keep you up to date with my latest techniques.